First step: done. What did I let myself into...
Unmounted the first speaker. Hopefully nothing broke so far 😬
The left speaker was quite easy to remove as well. Nice!
tired: tinfoil hat
wired: tinfoil mac
First cell: done. Or at least it lifts now.
Ugh why does Apple have a fetish on adhesives
Second cell: done. Now to repeat this step with the other side. Fun.
The other two are now separated as well. So far no signs of imminent explosions.
Finally removed the two cells from the middle.
This MacBook Pro is free from its batteries. For now.
Time to clean up the rest of the adhesive I guess?
Just installed an ad-blocker to get rid of the excess ad(hesive)s. Tried my best there, seems to be okay. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Okay, time for the final steps.
Adhering the new battery.
Positioning it was easier than I had expected.
After one year of a not-working battery controller, my MacBook finally can run on battery power alone again.
I’m so happy this actually worked and I didn’t fuck up anything. Both speakers, the trackpad, keyboard, and the battery work flawless.
And the CPU is no longer throttled to 500MHz (as previously mentioned here: https://pounced-on.me/@nilsding/102399239754645802).
Now everything is fun again \o/
It's so cool seeing this again.
@nilsding gosh, you have one of the last decent MBPs. They're a dying breed
@pico Yeah I was quite lucky to get that one instead of a newer model. The new ones were announced like two months after I got mine
@nilsding well done, I'm pround of ya :D
🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾 beans art by angiewolfartist@twitter